Thursday, November 6, 2008

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Well, that's right....It's a Girl! I'm not going to say I'm upset, because I"m not upset. I was truly just confused. Baby Dixie will be the second Humble girl in five generations. Joey's little sister was the first in four generations. So, we just expected a boy. So much so, there are boy clothes hanging in Dixie's future closet! :) So, it's just a mindset change. My favorite color is blue, and I love sports. So, I guess Dixie will be a good ol country girl that loves sports and wears blue a lot. My other big thing (take note if you're planning to buy gifts) is I don't like the color pink. It's an okay accent color, with black and brown, etc. However, when I look in the little girl's section of a department store I want to throw up from the overwhelming sea of PINK! :( I'm not a girly girl, I never really was. So, will I set up my daughter to be too tomboy, unaccepted by others.

I keep getting nervous about how bad of a child I was to my mother. I pray she isn't anything like me. I want her to have my brains, and Joey wants her to have my hair. Beyond that, she needs his personality and his childhood. She needs to be a good kid, like he was.

So, all in all, I'm just getting those "i'm going to be a parent" jitters. All these things most people question before now, I have them now. I'm scared to death to have a little girl. At the same time, I'm really excited to see her beautiful face and adorable smile.

Wish me luck! I'll update pictures soon!

No comments: